Last Updated: 24/02/2021
SGT exists to help build connections between farmers and markets that care about the safety of food. The long version: We want farmers to keep doing their best work in food production & markets to honour this by buying all this produce and paying adequately.
To facilitate this, we are building a community that values: TRUST & TRANSPARENCY. A fundamental part of earning that trust means being clear about how we use your information and protect your human right to privacy.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1 Information needed to use the SGT Platform.
We collect personal information about you when you use the SGT Platform. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all services requested. This information includes:
- Contact Information, Account, Profile Information. Such as your first name, last name, phone number, farm address, market address, email address, date of birth, and profile photo, some of which will depend on the features you use.
2.2 Information you choose to give us.
You can choose to provide us with additional personal information. This information may include:
- Additional Profile Information. Such as gender, preferred language(s), city, and personal description. Some of this information as indicated in your account settings is part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible.
- Address Book Contact Information. Address book contacts you import or enter manually.
- Other Information. Such as when you fill in a form, add information to your account, respond to surveys, post to community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer care team and other Members, or share your experience with us. This may include health information if you choose to share it with us.
2.3 Information Collected by Using the SGT Platform.
When you use the SGT Platform and Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information. This information may include:
- Geo-location Information. Such as precise or approximate location determined from your IP address or mobile device’s GPS depending on your device settings. We may also collect this information when you’re not using the app if you enable this through your settings or device permissions.
- Usage Information. Such as the pages or content you view, searches for Listings, bookings you have made, and other actions on the SGT Platform.
- Log Data and Device Information. Such as details about how you’ve used the SGT Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the SGT Platform. We may collect this information even if you haven’t created an SGT account or logged in.
2.4 Personal Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We collect personal information from other sources, such as:.
- Third-Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to the SGT Platform with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook, WeChat), you direct the service to send us information such as your registration, friends list, and profile information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
- Enterprise Product Invitations and Account Management. Organizations that use our Enterprise products may submit personal information to facilitate account management and invitations to use enterprise products.
- Referrals. If you are invited to the SGT Platform such as a co-owner or farm manager, the person who invited you can submit personal information about you such as your email address or other contact information.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as previous farming data, demographic data or information to help detect fraud and safety issues from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from identity verification service providers for use in our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the SGT Platform, or about your experiences and interactions from our partners. We may receive health information, including but not limited to health information related to contagious diseases.
3. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
3.1 Provide, Improve, and Develop the SGT Platform. We use personal information to:
- enable you to access the SGT Platform and make and receive payments,
- enable you to communicate with other Members,
- perform analytics, debug and conduct research,
- provide customer service,
- send you messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications,
- if you provide us with your contacts’ information such as your fellow farmers, farm managers or co-owners, we may process this information:
- to facilitate your referral invitations,
- to share your farm details and permissions
- for fraud detection and prevention, and
- to facilitate your requests or for any other purpose you authorize,
- personalize and customize your experience based on your interactions with the SGT Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit, and
- enable your use of our enterprise products.
3.3 Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing. We may use personal information to:
- send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information based on your preferences and social media advertising through social media platforms,
- personalize, measure, and improve our advertising,
- administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by SGT or its third-party partners,
- analyze characteristics and preferences to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think might be of interest to you, and
- invite you to events and relevant opportunities.
3.4 Provide Payment services. Personal information is used to enable or authorize third parties to use Payment Services:
- Detect and prevents money laundering, fraud, abuse, and security incidents.
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
- Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
- Enforce the Payment Terms and other payment policies.
- With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
- Provide and improve the Payment Services.
4. SHARING & DISCLOSURE
4.1 Sharing With Your Consent or at Your Direction.
Where you provide consent, we share your information as described at the time of consent, such as when authorizing a third-party application or website to access your SGT account or participating in promotional activities by SGT partners or third parties.
Where permissible with applicable law, we may use certain information about you, such as your email address, de-identify it, and share it with social media platforms, to generate leads, drive traffic to SGT or otherwise promote our products and services.
4.2 Sharing Between Members.
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Members, we may need to share certain information such as:
- When a booking request is made or dispute is submitted, certain information may be shared between farmers and markets to facilitate transactions and execute market access on your behalf
- When you as a farm owner invite another Member to cooperate with you, you authorize that person to access and update your information and Member Content, including but not limited to certain information like your full name, phone number, farm details, transaction details amongst other relevant data.
4.3 Information You Publish in Profiles, marketplace, and other Public Information.
You can make certain information publicly visible to others, such as:
- Your public profile page, which includes your profile photo, first name, description, and city.
- Marketplace pages that include information such as the listing approximate or precise location description, calendar availability, profile photo, aggregated demand information (like page views over a period of time), and additional information you choose to share.
- Reviews, ratings and other public feedback.
We may display parts of your public profile and other Content you make available to the public like marketplace details on third-party sites, platforms and apps.
Information you share publicly on the SGT Platform may be indexed through third-party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your account settings.